- December 2008 – Present: Senior Consultant (New Media), Asda’a Burson-Marsteller Public Relations (Dubai, UAE)
- December 2007 – October 2008: Freelance Web-Marketing Strategist (Madrid, Spain)
Freelance consultant for Greater Than One, Madrid based interactive web-marketing company.
- April 2008 – November 2008: PlanetEye.com (Madrid, Spain)
Blogging thrice a week as a Madrid local expert
- October 2007 – January 2009: http://www.gadling.com (Madrid, Spain)
Contracted blogger for this AOL Weblogs Inc. travel blog, currently writing for them about 50 times a month.
- October 2007 – February 2009: http://www.vagablogging.net (Madrid, Spain)
Twice-a-week blogger for this travel-blog
- July 2007 – June 2008: http://www.europeanvibe.com (Madrid, Spain)
Freelance feature writer/reporter for this Madrid based expat publication.
- July 2007 – January 2008: http://www.mapmagazine.com (Madrid, Spain)
Writer/reporter for this Madrid based expat publication.
- May 2006-December 2007 http://www.gridskipper.com: (Valencia/Madrid, Spain)
Contributed twice a week to this urban travel blog from Spain.
- January 2007 – Present: http://www.writtenroad.com (Madrid, Spain)
Currently contributing twice a week to this travel-writing blog from Spain.
- February 2007 – September 2008 (Madrid, Spain)
Teaching English as a Foreign Language in Madrid
- 2003 June – 2006 April Asda’a / Burson Marsteller Public Relations (Dubai,UAE)
Account manager: Ford Middle East / United Colors of Benetton
Duties included: Writing, strategizing, integration with ATL and BTL agencies, event management, maintaining press office, organizing press conferences, photo opps, launches, interviews, media relations, Q&A’s, coordinating with Ford PR head office in Detroit.
Acting Corporate Communications Manager: Secondment to Ford head office (in Dubai) for 4 months (Feb 2005-May 2005)
Supervised a team of two others on local accounts like Benetton and Pepsi
Organised PR activities for visit of Luciano Benetton to Dubai
Assisted new business pitches (write presentations, strategise, research)
- 2002 March – 2003 June Intermarkets Advertising- Team Holding Group (Dubai,UAE)
Client Servicing – Account Executive- Duties included execution of both ATL + BTL activities for clients
Assisted the launch of the LG Customer Information Centre in the UAE – May 02. Included an event supported by ATL advertising
Assisted in the event management and advertising of LG Music Event held in
Dubai with leading Arab singer Amr Diab.
- 2000 July – 2001 November Radio 2 VOX FM (NSW, Australia)
2VOX FM -‘ The Voice of the Illawarra’; Community Radio Station of the
Illawarra region. Involved in a youth current affairs programme called
‘Crossfire’. Duties involved, paneling the show, arranging interviews,
producing, presenting and playing music.
- 2000 Sydney Olympics (NSW, Australia)
Worked for Eurest, one of the caterers for the Olympics in Customer Service at the Penrith Venue for white water rafting
- 1998-1999 Rahbani Film and TV Production House (Dubai, UAE)
Production Assistant for clients such as Galaxy Chocolates, Toyota, General Motors, Abu Dhabi TV
- 2006 November, Translation: Translated over 30 pages of text in Spanish to English for a dance website (translations available upon request)
- Creative Force Advertising and Radio Production 1998-1999 (Dubai, UAE)
Translated scripts for radio, from English to Hindi